Monday, October 17, 2011

Cervical Collar

Dear Max,

The new obedience collar you gave my mom when she showed you how I was slowly sneaking ahead of her on our long walks is throwing unwanted attention my way.  That wide stiff black monstrosity with sticky straps (you know I'm used to my soft red braided rope) forces me to keep my head up and pay attention.  I've seen something like this on TV, but not on dogs.  But where???  

I know now, it reminds me of the commercials showing people who have been in accidents where the serious announcer in a three-piece suit talks about getting them "all the cash they deserve."

Come to think of it, the other day a stranger yelled over and asked if I had whiplash.    I guess he saw the same commercial.  (Maybe he was looking for an obedient client.) 

Anyway, people we pass shout out lots of different things. 

Max, how about this one, one I've heard several times: "Are you a "Sex in the City" dog?"  I can't figure out what that means yet, but it doesn't seem bad, since they smile at me.

I went to my dad's medical office today to meet a friend of mom's so we could go for a walk with her little dog Molly.  We walked in and his kind receptionist looked at my new high collar and recognized the posture.  I wondered if she thought I might have been in an accident, if I might call 1-800-CASH.

If I did I would be a faker.  

Because, you see, I can still pull mom even with this new collar on.  Will I ever learn?  Will she?


Tobes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home