Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cheating

Dear Max,

What a day today!  For the first day in what seemed liked forever (remember, I'm not even a year old yet) there was no rain, not even any threatening grey clouds.  In fact, there were no clouds at all!  It was screamingly bright, and I was anxious to get outside and run on the grass.  But I can't go everywhere with my mother, and when she's gone I'm sometimes forced to listen to Dr. Phil.  My pop psychology vocabulary is growing.  For instance, I've heard it over and over and I think I now know what "cheating" means.


My mother came back today with traces of smelly blond fur all over her face, hands, shirt, and pants.  She was definitely playing with another dog!  I could tell that from the first welcome-home lick!   What did this mean?  Was I not enough for her?  I was jealous.  I didn't know what to do.

So, Max, I listened to you and decided on (alphadog)obedience(training.net).   I was soooo obedient and submissive.  I sat by her with rapt attention, I cuddled against her feet.   I was hurt and jealous, a new experience.  It felt bad.  But I remembered the good doctor.  That was it!  She was "cheating" on me...I think.


My father had come home the day before and sneaked into the kitchen with a small cellophane bag of chocolate cookies.  He sheepishly held it up and said to my mom, "I bought these cookies at the Weis supermarket, and I felt like I was cheating on you."  You see, my mom is a baker and the cookies at home always come from the kitchen oven.

He was cheating, she was hurt.  She was cheating, I was hurt.


I sound like humans; maybe they're like dogs.




Tobes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home