Friday, September 23, 2011

Cole and Molly

Dear Max,

It's a good thing I go to the York College, because I'm picking up a lot of friends. I guess that is what college is for ? This morning I met Cole, a black sixteen year old lab. His mother did not think I would learn much from him because of his passive nature. He was a comfort, and relief to me, and calmed me down. Just his being himself was good enough for me.

An hour later I had a "play date" with Molly. Her mother told me right away that she was a "Diva". This was a new word to my floppy ears. We were unleashed on a gated base ball field. I wanted to be close to Molly, but she would not make eye contact with me. I ran laps around the diamond...."Look at me Molly". She ignored me.I ran in the opposite direction faster, faster. "Molly I'm over here check me out!" Nothing. I cantered down the middle of the field. "How about this?" Still no response. My mother looked quite puzzled.

Max, this female bitch wanted nothing to do with me today. But it's ok I do have another life that gives me purpose. Next month I will be taking a test so I will be an official therapy dog. I have been in training for five months. When I get my certificate will you join me for a wheat beer?

Tobes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home