Sunday, October 2, 2011

Unpredctable

Dear Max,


I like to believe that I am reliably predictable, easy to understand.  Routine is quite important to me and members of my breed and it has a calming effect on our nerves.  My mom, however, is a totally different story and though she has her morning rituals, two fried eggs for breakfast followed by a hour on the treadmill (walking really fast but not going anywhere or seeing anything new!)  I am often stymied trying to figure out the the rest of the day; what will we will do next? what will she say to throw me off?

An example, Max. 

Tonight is Sunday and on this night I am learning that she could pick a fight with Dad just because the "weekend" is over.  (I don't yet get this "weekend" thing since each day seems nearly the same to me, but that's another story.)


The phone rings and it is Helen from the answering service.  Mom is irritated and almost trips over my new but already cleanly-picked butcher's bone as she grabs my dad's outdated flip-type cell phone.  

"You really ought to stop calling the doctor on Sunday nights!" she said sternly.  

"Oh, no one ever said anything about that before," Helen cautiously answered." 

"You see...this is the time I've set aside to fight with my husband for the past 34 years.  I just don't like the idea of the weekend being almost over."

Helen was taken aback, paused, then laughed with Mom and said, "Well, now we know what a twisted sense of humor you have; I will be careful to make note of the Sunday night problem."

See what I mean Max?  Why can't she be predictable....oh....she is.


Now you know never to call on Sunday night.

Good night,


Tobes

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jessey said...

Hey Toby Remind me to never schedule your peticure on a Monday If I do I may interupt your mom and pop in their weekly fight
Maybe I can come join you to watch .Sounds like FUN

October 9, 2011 at 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home